What issues are you addressing today in your organization? Is it a blend of business, strategic, leadership, and technology?
Here is my list (in no particular order) of issues facing CIOs today:
- Securing of sensitive data
- Compliance and information risk management
- Increasing regulatory oversight
- Willingness to share information and adopt best practices across the organization locally and globally
- Enterprise resilience to guard against disruptions
- Fully Integrating of applications and software across the enterprise while lessening the overall maintenance and upkeep
- Cost-effective IT operations and compelling ROIs for tech investments
- Effective governance practice
- IT/Business alignment
- Green Computing
- Budget reductions
- Cloud Computing
- Social Media
- Staff hiring and retention
Being aware of challenges and issues is important for any successful CIO’s management strategy. Any list of issues or top priorities facing CIOs is open to debate. However, having the debate is important because it brings the issues out into the open. What’s most important is that CIOs do not fall into a reactionary mode of operation and management. Doing so is easy especially during times of economic distress, it is easy to react to issues rather than to plan and execute.
What issues are your facing today? Let us know and continue the debate?