It’s Friday. As CIOs clear down their inboxes and tie up loose ends before the weekend, it is time to take a break…
Okay, I am a child of the seventies. The first movie that left an impression on me was Star Wars. A galaxy far, far away inhabited by fantastic aliens and robots. Robots were more than moving boxes in Star Wars. They were mechanical beings that you could interact with and had personalities of their own.
I grew up wanting to have my own robot. I even tinkered with building one from a Radio Shack kit I got for my birthday once. However, it really was not the same. As technologists, robots are where we wish computers would evolve to – the next evolution of technology. We might be some ways off. Until we can get our very own C3-PO in our home, we will have to live with the robots we see in movies.
Over the years, there have been good robots and bad. Here is my list of my favorite robots:
- C-3PO and R2-D2 in Star Wars
- V.I.N.CENT., B.O.B, and Maximilian in The Black Hole
- Ash in Alien
- T-800 and the T-1000 Model Terminator in Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Robot in Lost in Space
- The Sentinels in The Matrix
- Autobots and Decepticons in Transformers
- WALL-E in WALL-E
- Gort in The Day the Earth Stood Still
- Rosie the Maid in The Jetsons
- The Cylons in Battlestar Galactica
- KITT in Knight Rider
There are many, many more robots that I could name. Who are your favorite robots?