It’s Friday. As CIOs clear down their inboxes and tie up loose ends before the weekend, it is time to take a break…
Here is a humorous letter from a CIO to Santa. Happy Holidays…
I have worked hard this year. I have met budget and finished all my projects ahead of schedule. I have made great strides in aligning IT with business requirements.
It has been a difficult year with the state of the economy, rising cost structures, not to mention fast changing markets, business practices and technological advances.
I have tried to be really good by being the best CIO I can. So Santa, this year I would like the following:
- Powermat Wireless Charging Portable Mat. Charging multiple devices at home without plugs will get rid of that cable mess under my desk. Or as my wife says, “Potential fire hazard.”
- An autograph of Tiger Woods. When he wins his next major (you know he will) it will be worth something. Trust me.
- HBO’s Entourage DVD – Seasons 1 thru 6. Ahhh to live vicariously through TV (correction HBO). I am going to be a super-agent when I leave IT and want to get an inside perspective.
- Grand Theft Auto for PS2. My wife won’t allow me to buy it. She says it is too violent. However, she will make an exception if Santa brings it.
- Cyclone II Foosball Table. I didn’t play enough in college and want to challenge the boys in accounting to a tournament. Winner takes all…
- An Apple tablet. Please tell your elves (aka Apple) that this will be a great gift for any CIO. It gets us closer to living like the Jetsons.
- A Porshe Boxster Spyder in white. I think I deserve one now.
Thanks Santa and Merry Christmas.
P.S. I left cookies and milk for you on the PBX in the datacenter. Please help yourself but don’t drop any crumbs. The datacenter manager hates that.