So I am looking to rebuild my team and bring in some power hitters. You would think that in this economy people would be enthusiastic about joining a growing company. I thought once I put the word out there there would be a lot of interest and qualified candidates.
I was wrong…
I interviewed only a handful of candidates. Some of which needed some serious coaching on how to interview.
Here is what I would expect from a candidate that comes in front of me:
- Do some basic research about the firm.
- If possible find out a little about the people you are interviewing with. Ask your recruiter or look on the company’s web site.
- Get some details about what the position requires.
- Dress appropriately for the interview. Wear a suit.
- Sit up and make eye contact.
- Sound enthusiastic about the position.
Listen, your resume got you in the door so now you have to sell yourself to us. Why blow it on the little things?