There is never one single thing you do to climb the corporate ladder. Everyone climbs the ropes at sometime throughout their careers.
1. Have a good reputation: Reputation can make or break a career. Having one and others knowing it is a good first step to success.
2. Make big moves: There is nothing like a big move to get you noticed. You can climb up the ladder pretty quickly by doing something that will be noticed.
3. Be a subject matter expert: Everyone always needs the advice of other people. Don’t be satisfied with being a regular executive, be the best in your field.
4. Take calculated risks: This can be a hit or miss, certain risks do pay off.
5. Be linked: The more people you know, the more people you have conversations with, the more you can open doors for yourself or others. Don’t just be a person who collects business cards, but be someone who talks to people with a hidden agenda and stays in touch. A rainmaker. Be a person who gets things done.