I have worked hard this year. I have met my budget and finished all my projects ahead of schedule. I have made great strides in aligning IT with the business.
I have tried to be really good by being the best CIO I can. So Santa, this year, I would like the following:
- Developers that don’t live in their own world. You must have the same issue with your elves?
- Code that can be migrated without having to be rewritten each time.
- A fire extinguisher to put out the fires that constantly occur.
- A way to use the cloud to offload my ever growing data and have it accessible 24×7.
- A helpdesk that is more than a helpdesk.
- A way to suspend my iPhone at night so I can get a full 8 hours of sleep.
- 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.
- A new set of golf clubs. Please tell your offshore elves (aka Titleist) that this will be a great gift for any CIO.
- A Mercedes SLK in black. I think every CIO needs one.
Thanks Santa and Merry Christmas.
P.S. I left brownies and milk for you on the EMC in the datacenter. Please help yourself but please don’t drop any crumbs. The datacenter manager hates that.