It is that time of year when we begin to review staff and prepare for year end.
- Corporate Goals: Are they meeting the mission of the organization?
- Departmental Goals: Are we meeting the goals of the IT departments- KPIs, uptimes, service?
- Functional Goals 2016: Areas of individual responsibility. For example – is my helpdesk manager meeting time to resolution or my server manager meeting server uptime? All of which are quantifiable via various metrics.
- Personal Goals: This area is general development and fall into the following areas:
- Communicates openly & confidently
- Influences and convinces others in a way that results in acceptance and agreement
- Shapes Conversations to ensure focus & understanding
- Speaks frankly, debates at the table, not afterwards
- Engages in Constructive Confrontation
- Is a supportive listener
- Provides clear directions to give desired results
- Works to coordinate efforts/resources within and across teams to deliver on goals
- Recognizes the importance of teamwork to achieve objectives
- Brings in ideas, information, suggestions and expertise from others outside the immediate team
- Proactively supports colleagues and collaborates with the, to help achieve targets
- Involves the right people (colleagues, vendors, subcontractors, etc.) to ensure the best decisions are made in a timely manner.
- Goes out of the way to support other efforts when they notice a gap.
- Carries out systematic and rational analysis to identify the root cause of problems.
- Provides feedback, input and support to the other parts of the organization for overall organizational improvement
- Seeks continuous improvement by considering solutions that make novel use of existing ideas, approaches technologies or products.
- Is able to effectively enlist others in accomplishing a common goal because they want to not because they were told.
- Actively participates in midyear and annual performance reviews with supervisor in a timely manner
- Ensure development plans are completed as required
- Identify development needs and take advantage of the training made available
- Identify processes that could be improved or implemented and head up its development and deployment
- Actively participate in mentoring of peers outside of core work group