2014 has been a great year. Things are looking better. Hopefully the momentum will carry into 2015.
I have tried to be really good by being the best CIO I can. So Santa, this year, I would like the following:
- Apple iPhone 6 plus. I have decided bigger is better but I haven’t figured out how to carry it.
- A development team that can hit the ground running and fix code quickly.
- An approved IT budget where I don’t have to make drastic cuts and figure out how to do more with so much less.
- A migration plan to get legacy applications into the cloud.
- Not to be hacked by foreign governments.
- One of those toy helicopters. I think your elves are messing with us. I have yet to fly one of those straight and have it last longer than 3 days without breaking it.
- A new set of golf clubs. It won’t help my game in the least but I will look cool on the greens.
Thanks Santa and Merry Christmas.
P.S. I left cookies and milk for you in our virtual environment. Please help yourself and ask your reindeer to pick up after themselves in the datacenter.
Reblogged this on Life in Digital and commented:
I know that this is a little early in the year – but I don’t know if this just for CIO’s or for any techie. In 2013 I posted my list for tech girls, 2014 my cousin posted this…. it gives everyone a full year to get thinking about their techy loved ones.